Sunday, March 7, 2010

SOS - I am balding!

One thing that haunts me day in day out is the rate at which hairs from my scalp taking a dive to the ground. It all started when I stepped in Chennai, till when I was confined to my native, a temple town. It has been 8 years since and what used to be so untidy, wildly unkempt hair is left with nothing but few last ones ready to take their turn. I am still 26 but for sure don’t look like one. In the last 1 month I noticed a lot of patches and this adds to my already boring and dull life. I have been frequenting this Hair Spa at Green Trends Salon believing a turn around and so it looked like for few days but alas, the attempt has failed too.

For the last 2 weeks, I have been growing a beard and I decidedly like it very much. But truth be told, this at the least deflects the attention of people talking to me from few feet away from noticing the shine from the top of my head. What people keep telling me is that it doesn’t suit me, but who bothers. It’s all a matter of pride and that gets shattered when most of the people take me for a person in his early thirties. I have had more than few embarrassing moments with kids addressing me uncle..... arrggg....

My cousin who was facing a similar situation but not in the danger zone as I am in, started showing some sign of improvement. This he attributed to the medication he had been taking and he recommended me to consult the dermatologist he had visited. I am now looking up to him as my hope and have decided to pay a visit in the coming week. Pray, he finds a solution for the troubles on my plate or rather on my head.

10 comments:

Sriram Viswanathan said...

Machi,
Lose la vidu...pona pogudhu....
Hair..*** thane....Even am facing the same problem..
same pinch :)

janani said...

:-) So it's not just the women who worry about losing hair. You know, stressing about this in itself could lead to losing more. And check if you are anemic - that could be a cause too

Jinguchakka said...

get married fast! then you don't have to care.

Sudarsan said...

@Sri thats sad to hear...

@Janani Can't help thinking about this.. :)

@Cheenu A stock answer that you provide at any situation.I am not surprised.

Saravanan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saravanan said...

Machi, Full mottai pottu french beard vachidu, athu oru puthu style agidum :) BOSS... MOTTAI BOSS...

Unknown said...

Machi! Hair Fall is out of your control! The reasons which we think are not correct!

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are all over 330 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

Praveen said...

why dont you try our good old methods...healthy diet and "seeyakai"...

Naveen Mahendran said...

strangely this post attracts a lot of comments. Welcome to the balding fraternity!!!

Keep it ticking