Friday, July 10, 2009

Journey to a surreal world


I took a lot of convincing to watch the movie ICE AGE 3. I consider myself a movie buff but was never interested in any animation movies. They were left alone for the kids to enjoy. But 2 of my friends argued otherwise and we ended up booking for show in one of the multiplexes. In truth, kids were in less numbers and the average age in the theatre was around 30+. I didn’t have any expectations of how the movie would be when ushered into our seats.

Once the title cards rolled, I was glued to the screen and soon was transported to a different world. Only the projectionist had the efficacy to bring us all back to senses when he unceremoniously interrupted the show for a break. I realized in contrary to my earlier opinion about animation movies that I had shamelessly enjoyed it. Intermission is something that is meant for Indian movies when the director dishes out those suspense scenes to be continued in the later part. Intermissions look awkward in a 90 minute movie or in any Hollywood movies and who do we blame but the theatre bosses for their marketing strategy to sell those awful samosas and popcorns for an inflated price. When the movie resumed after 10 minute recess, the joy ride continued for another half an hour before a happy ending. It was a worthwhile 90 minute entertainment.

When it was time to leave, I knew I had enjoyed the movie to the fullest but then who would not. There was only one botheration though, we missed watching the movie in 3-D.

The ice never melts in this part of the world!

5 comments:

Jinguchakka said...

adapaavi!!
When we told the same thing you didn't listen.
Good that you started enjoying "fantasy" movies as you call them.

Watch from Ice Age 1. Ray Romano & Q.Latifah are good.

Anonymous said...

you write blogs, watch movies, dine at the best places, do you have a manager? if yes pass on his contacts.

-me

Sudarsan said...

What has that got to do with my manager????

Mukunth said...

Innocent fellow... thats a spam comment :-)
Anyways, a crisp one to start (i.e me starting to read yours)... not many bad words though for this :-)

SanthoshSivanathan said...

:) lols for ur experiance on animation movies!! I am glad atleast u reliazed the value of the animation movies at age 25 rather at 52 :) :)..I too enjoy animation movies a lot machi!! lots of imagination beyond our minds!! It will take us to the other world!!and lots of technical stuffs will make us think!!!

Keep it ticking